Community Innovation Hub
Are You Ready?
We are doing virtual Community Innovation Challenges all over the country in 2021!
Scroll down the page to “Virtual Solutions, Real-World Collaborations” to learn how to host a Challenge in your community!
People of all or no faith are rallying to give back like never before. We know that complacency is not a solution for poverty, hunger, disease, environmental issues and inequality. We know that we hold in common enough knowledge, resources, time and talent to go from scarcity to abundance.
For example, statistics tell us that we produce enough food globally to feed everyone. But 70% of the food we produce goes to waste because:
- Logistical errors happen on our part
- Food doesn’t look the way we think it ‘should.’
- We let our food go bad in our refrigerators.
- We leave our food uneaten on our plates.
If we all worked together, no one would have go hungry
We must stand up and make a difference.
The Community Innovation Hub is all about acting locally to make change globally.
We are a rallying place, a nurturing place and a place for change to start.
We are a place grounded in relationship, prioritizing spiritual and social innovation and impact.
We are a place to make a difference.
Community Innovation Hubs are communities of faith where changemakers gather and support each other in the important work of making a difference in society. It is where changemakers flesh out their ideas, connect with other like-minded individuals and form relationships of trust, accountability, learning and support.
Here, local changemakers:
- Learn from local experts –> Topics might include fundraising, design thinking, governance, and branding
- Join in peer-to-peer coaching –> Sharing challenges and celebrations in an atmosphere of support.
- Share personal experiences –> Sharing wisdom for the shared good of social change is a powerful experience
- Build the local eco-system of changemakers –> Create a network that can be counted on!
- Engage in spiritual capacity building –> Ensure that the whole lives of changemakers and their communities can flourish
Won’t you join us on this journey? We’d love to have you!
Virtual collaboration, Real world Solutions!
In 2021, the Community Innovation Hub and EDGE are partnering with organizations across the country to host virtual Social Innovation Challenges and Community Development Development Challenges. We are looking for more community-minded organizations who are interested in organizing and/or hosting these events that focus on developing socially innovative solutions to the issues that face all forms of communities, and our world, and to uplifting and supporting those that want to make those solutions a reality!
We can’t wait to see what kinds of ideas will emerge from these events.
If you’d like to support this important work, you can download the Online Social Innovation Kit and the Online Community Innovation Challenge Kit to find out more about what they’re about. Email email@example.com for more information and to talk about being a part of this exciting opportunity!