Peer-To-Peer Network & Events
Online general gatherings
The general gathering include members and non-members alike that are leaders in communities of faith that see themselves as community innovation hubs. In these gatherings a story is presented from a community of faith innovator that focuses on a snapshot of their journey, a challenge and a success. After their presentation there is space for open discussion, reflection and creation. To join us at a monthly gathering and get on our gathering mailing list email email@example.com
May 2020 Gathering
We were privileged to have Kendra Fry attend our May Gathering and speak to us about her work with the Regeneration Works: Places of Faith’s Community Spaces in Faith Spaces Survey. Kendra’s insights into the role of churches (both historically and in the present) in rural Ontario communities, the wide variety of groups using space in faith places and how they use them, and the loss to communities should this space be lost, is invaluable to the Community Hub movement. Thank you for sharing your time and work with us, Kendra!
A record 26 people attended the gathering today! In case you wanted to be there and couldn’t, or if you were there and would like to review:
- Download Kendra’s slides to review her presentation.
- Read Halo Canada’s Final Report for EDGE. Halo Canada’s report on the Socio-Economic Impact in UCC Congregations produced results that dovetail with Kendra’s in a number of ways.
- Read Kendra’s Final Report for Regeneration Works
- View recordings of Evergreen Canada’s and Future Cities’ Civic Commons Catalyst webinar series on Community Hubs
Details about our June Gathering coming soon! To receive Gathering announcements and reminders, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe to our mailing list. – Sarah
Online Themed Gatherings
Themed Gatherings are member specific and focus on specific types of Hubs. These conversations tend to be more technical and guest presenters are brought in for specific issue-based presentations. If you are a member and interested in joining one of these discussions let us know via email@example.com
Our current themes:
- Arts Centres
- Cafes & Catering
Possible future themes:
- Children, youth & young families
- New Canadian/refugee support
- Seniors centres
- Commoning/The Commons
- Something you suggest! If you know a few leaders that engaging in a specific area of innovation – or if you are engaging in innovation and feeling alone in it suggest a theme and we will find ways to create a network of support!
We are thrilled to be partnered with the EDGE network so that Community Innovation Hub members are always in the loop with what EDGE is up to! Check the calendar of events or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive reminders of upcoming EDGE events! Be sure to subscribe to the Embracing the Spirit newsletter for even more information.
Upcoming Community Innovation Hub Events:
Stay tuned for information on our first Local/Virtual Conference to be held in Spring 2020!